Located in the tropical monsoon climate with two distinct dry and rainy seasons, and influenced by ocean climate, the climate of Con Dao is more moderate than of the mainland.
- Temperature average annual is 26°C, May is the month with the highest average temperature of 28°C, the month with the lowest average temperature of 25°C is January. Thermal amplitude between the coldest months and the hottest month is 3°C.
- Con Dao has two distinct seasons: the rainy season lasts from May to November and the dry season lasts from December to April. January is the driest month of the year. In the dry season, the weather is cooler, the average temperature is 24°C, February is the coolest month with the average temperature is 22°C. The most intense is May with a temperature of up to 34°C, the month of the season between hot and rainy seasons
- Rainfall: average of 2,200 mm, the number of rainy days are 166 per year. October is the most rainy with 348 mm. Rainy season is divided into 2: The rainy season is from May to November and the dry season is from December to April next year.
- Air humidity: the annual average is 90%, the variation range of the air humidity in the year is 5%.
- Windy: The prevailing wind direction during the rainy season is from the West, the dry season is from the Northwest and Northeast winds. Especially, the northeast wind in the dry season is sometimes up to level 6-7 (strong wind), the wind blows strongly and lasts with the strong sunlight, high temperature, and strong evaporation.
In general, the climate of Con Dao is fresh, favorable and good for human health.